I did it! I bought an iPad and an Apple Pencil for christmas last year. I write a lot for my university classes and I didn’t like that I often had to cross out things on paper (because I wrote something down wrong) and had to write them again. I was not sure, if an iPad is the right device for me – but turns out it is. It is awesome. If you make a mistake, you erase it and write it again. Wrong sequence of your sentences? Just move them around. The notes come out awesome.
Additionally I learned a few gestures that are really useful:
- Swipe with two fingers on the virtual keyboard to move cursor.
- Tap and hold with two fingers to begin selecting, then move fingers to expand selection, OR
- Tap once with two fingers to select single word.
- Double tap with two fingers to select sentence.
- Triple tap with two fingers to select paragraph.
While text is selected:
- Swipe left/up with two fingers to move left selection handle.
- Swipe right/down with two fingers to move right selection handle.
- Tap once with two fingers to exit selection and return to cursor mode.